Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Say Cheese

I just got back from Target with the kids. One of the items on my list was tampons. I'm standing on that aisle looking for what I need when the three year old starts shouting, "I want some cheese sticks!" I told him that we could have a cheese stick when we got home but he started reaching for the tampon boxes on the shelves. "Cheese sticks! Cheese sticks!" he shouted. At this point, my eight year old (who knew they were NOT cheese sticks) is cracking up.

I grabbed what I needed and headed for check out. All the lines were packed but I selected one and when I put all my items on the conveyor belt the little one saw the Tampax again. "What is that?" he asked. I told him those were for mommy. "Mommy's special cheese sticks!" His older brother is now hysterical. The little one kept shouting, "I want Mommy's special cheese sticks!" while grabbing for the tampons. Did I mention that all the lines were packed? Yeah. I'm going to have to wear a disguise the next time I go to Target.


10 comments:

justme said...

priceless

Princess Freckles said...

That is like a scene out of a comedy movie! So funny!

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

Oh dear. I'm headed to Target today with my three boys. Guess what's on my list.

Landlocked Mermaid said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!! Growing up they were called "lady helpers" or "lady lollipops" In our house.. xo

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny. Why is it kids always point out the one thing you don't want them to notice??

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Oh my goodness! LOL! Kids just say the darndest *and embarassing!* things! lol

Janet said...

How did I not know you had a blog?? I'm an idiot! --Off to read the whole thing in one sitting!

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

Too funny! Never fails when you need to leave fast, you cannot. My children always had a melt-down in the line at Target.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha that is fabulous.

Leigh Powell Hines said...

That is really cute. Great story.